The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until December 31 2019. Employment location will be Niamey, Niger.
Together with Alliance2015 partner Cesvi, Welthungerhilfe is implementing a project with the objective of improving food security and nutrition status of vulnerable families of refugees, IDPs, returnees and hosting communities, through enhancing access to livelihoods sources and income of the target families. As Head of Project Livelihoods you will be responsible for increasing and diversifying the agricultural production and income of target families in the municipalities of Diffa and Gueskérou. The main duty station will be Niamey with frequent travels to the field areas Diffa and Gueskérou.
- Daily project implementation, reporting and budget planning
- Provide technical support to project’s activities in the Livelihood sector
- Provide training to project’s staff and beneficiaries on agriculture techniques to increase productivity and rehabilitate agricultural land
- Plan, manage and monitor the project activities and budget in line with project's documents, Donor's rules and sectorial guidelines in close cooperation with the Funding Agency, Welthungerhilfe and Cesvi HQ
- Selection, training and skills development of the project's staff
- Manage potential project amendments
- Liaising with local stakeholders and authorities, working groups, as well as with the current donor AICS (Italian Cooperation and Development Agency)
- Provide support and technical inputs to project proposals’ writing
- A university/university of applied sciences degree in Agriculture studies, natural resource management, rural development or a comparable specialised qualification suitable to the position
- At least 5 years of project and leadership experience for international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region and in the sector of food security and nutrition, water and sanitation, livelihoods
- Familiarity with food security/nutrition/livelihoods clusters or working groups
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Knowledge and experience of AICS and related procedures
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Co-operation and team skills
- Very good oral and written command of Italian, English, and French
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.