Your mission :
Support the Principal Investigator (Dr. Silvia Hostettler) in data analysis and development of scientific papers and reports of two research projects in the field of disaster risk reduction (Chile and Honduras) and support teaching activities.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Data analysis in collaboration with research partners.
- The development of the project outputs (scientific papers, project reports and full research proposals).
- Teaching and supervising group work of a Master level (Feb-June) and Bachelor level (Sept-Dec) course on sustainable development (Act as Teaching Assistant).
- Management of a Massive Open Online Course in disaster risk reduction.
Your profile :
- PhD in area related to sustainable development ideally linked to disaster risk reduction (geography, environmental science, ecology, natural resource management)
- Experience in data analysis.
- Experience in writing scientific papers.
- Fluent in English, good understanding of Spanish.
- Work or study experience in a country in the global South is an advantage.
- The Postdoc will be collaborating with the Prinicipal Investigator and other team members but he/she is also expected to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Job first posted: 21 December 2018
Deadline: Job posting open until filled.
On-line application portal: https://recruiting.epfl.ch/Vacancies/774/Description/2