The Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development (r4d programme) is a joint funding scheme of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) focusing on reducing poverty and global risks, and contributing to global sustainable development. Synthesis products are to be elaborated based on the research results generated in the more than 40 ongoing transnational partnership projects.
For the implementation of the synthesis work, we are seeking as of March 2017 or per agreement a
The position is offered as an ad personam mandate for a period of 4 years. The overall budget for this mandate is CHF 150’000 and the mean workload is 15 % with more working hours required at the beginning of the mandate.
The mandate encompasses
- Development of an activity plan on the basis of the r4d Synthesis concept.
- Coordination of synthesis work in the r4d programme, involving collaboration with various boards and actors.
- Preparation of calls and competitions for synthesis work.
- Management of contacts with journals, media or communication platforms where synthesis products shall be published and disseminated.
- Co-design of r4d events for synthesis work and knowledge exchange.
- Contribution to the organization and realization of the International Conference on Research for Development (ICRD 2017) as a steering group member. ICRD provides space for synthesis work within the r4d programme.
- Proven expertise in knowledge management in the field of international development cooperation
- Excellent team player with proven communication and coordination skills
- Intercultural competences
- Research experience in one of the research areas of the r4d programme
- Willingness to experiment with new forms of co-creation and dissemination of knowledge
- Proficiency in English and either German or French with good knowledge of the other language
- Professional affiliation with a permanent office / institute would be an advantage
The r4d programme (www.r4d.ch) comprises a vibrant global network of researchers and stakeholders engaged in research for development. The mandate offers opportunities for structuring and designing processes and products to enhance research uptake in policy and practice. The synthesis coordinator will collaborate closely with the r4d programme coordinators at the SNSF and will plan and coordinate the synthesis work as defined and approved by the r4d Steering Committee and five thematic Review Panels.
Applications including a motivation letter, CV and two samples of completed communication products should be submitted electronically in one PDF to email@example.com with “Synthesis coordinator mandate” in the subject line, or by postal mail to r4d programme, Programmes Division, Swiss National Science Foundation, Wildhainweg 3, P.O. Box, 3001 Berne, by 28 February 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr Claudia Rutte, 031 308 2241.