Fondation Caritas Luxembourg (Caritas) is an international non-government organization, working for the fundamental rights of all people to secure access to food, water, health, education, employment and income, around the world. In Lao PDR, Caritas works in Mok district, Xiengkhouang Province to eradicate poverty and hunger through sustaining rural livelihood security, reducing community vulnerability to disaster, promotion of Climate Change Adaptation, human capital and economic development, advocacy, and gender and community empowerment.
We are now looking for a highly motivated and professional leader to represent as a Head of Mission of Caritas Luxembourg Country Office in Lao PDR. This is the senior position, which requires extensive leadership experience, preferring in INGO sector and comprehensive technical expertise in the development practice.
Starting Date: 01 May 2017
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of Caritas country office’s strategic plan.
- Providing overall leadership and direction for the programme and staff.
- Planning, developing and managing Caritas’s programmes and country office.
- Supervising Caritas country office’s administration, finance and logistic support systems.
- Implementing funds available for the project activities and Country Office, in accordance with the statutes, concepts and regulations of FCL.
Full Job Description is available upon request. Interested candidates are STRONGLY advised to study it
- Master Degree in rural development, International Development, Economics, development studies, or related field.
- At least 10-year working experience with at least 7 year-experience in managing of or being in a senior leadership role for the INGO or international organization in the Lao context.
- Strong Experience in managing the EU funded project and supporting the LCSO/NPAs.
- Excellent knowledge and skill on budget development and management.
- Excellent in English Skills: reading, speaking, listening and writing.
- Understanding of, and strong commitment to, participatory and empowering processes.
- Good analytical and strategic planning abilities.
- Strong management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and a good team player
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Commitment to working with ethnic minority communities
- Respect for local culture and traditional beliefs
- Commitment to eradicating barriers inhibiting gender equality and advancement of the poorest
- Able to motivate and support Caritas program team and government partners.
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Lao language if an international candidate or willingness to learn.
- Be willing to travel to the project field and target villages in the remote areas.
- Experience of advocacy work.
- Experience working with the Lao government in relation to rural development, livelihood security and nutrition.
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply by sending: Application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificate by e-mail to the Office Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org or sending your application to: House No. 111, Unit 06, Ban Saphanthong
Neua, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital P.O Box: 2079; Tel/Fax: (+856) 21- 412 683 .